RE: [DL] Back

Well.

Buying off of the web gives Shane a larger percentage off of each product -
ie - more money goes into his pocket.  Also that money goes into his pocket
right away, helping with any short term cash flow issues.  (Remember that
new products are an investment - cash paid up front and the profits coming
later.)  On the flip side if you buy from a retailer either Shane was
already paid for it (the item is in stock), or the item gets bought and
Shane gets the money several days/weeks from now (as the retailer has to go
through the distributor who has to go to PEG.)

BUT - I'm of the opinion that, without the retailers, a product line can't
expand.  The best that you can do is continue to sell to a slowly
diminishing fan base.  An opinion that may or may not be born out with the
dot.com crash that sank my 401K. . .er. .    ahem.  With retailers asking
for PEG products, distributors see the rise in PEG visibility and start
order more PEG products.

Classic long term vs. short term dilemma.

In my opinion?  Buy LOTS of things off of the website, and then go to the
local game store and run demos.  (But for etiquette's sake - do not mention
where you bought your stuff  :)
If you can't run demos, run your weekly deadlands game there.  It's not as
good as a demo, but it is a higher visibility - I can almost guarantee you
that you will never lack for players.  And a new player is a book buying
player. :)