Re: [DL] Optometry in the Weird West

>2. Lightning Jack - An australian outlaw in the old west with a black mute
>side kick.  Paul hogan and cuba gooding jr.  Jack has vision problems but
>doesn't tell anyone about them, thats a pretty fair attitude for the period
>and it's a great movie anyway.

Actually, I happen to own a copy of it and I wasn't terribly impressed by
it.  I bought it second hand for $4 (Cdn!) so I can't really complain.  It
was amusing I grant you, but I really wouldn't call it great.  Paul Hogan
made one great movie and that was the first Crocodile Dundee.  Please save
the adjective "great" for truly superior movies such as "The Good, the Bad
and The Ugly."

    On a semi-related tangent, Lightning Jack's vision problems amount to
being far-sighted.  i.e. he couldn't see anything close up.  The bad eyes
hindrance is for near-sighted gunslingers.  What would be the cost for
"Far-sighted Bad eyes"?

          Daniel Gwyn

"Y si yo vuelvo a nacer, yo los vuelvo a matar.
Padre no arrepiento, ni me da miedo la eternidad,
Yo sé que allà en el cielo el ser supremo nos juuzgarà
Voy a seguir sus pasos, voy a buscarlos al mas allà."

From "El Preso Numero Nueve (The Ninth Prisoner)" author unknown