From "El Preso Numero Nueve (The Ninth Prisoner)" author unknown

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Frempath2@netscape.net <Frempath2@netscape.net>
À : deadlands@gamerz.net <deadlands@gamerz.net>
Date : April 30, 2001 10:34 AM
Objet : Re: [DL] water and ammunition

>Now I misunderstood the initial posting.  I thought you were talking about
loose powder and shot in a paper cartridge for a muzzle loading shotgun.
The first shotgun cartridges were all brass.  This type of cartridge is very
expensive though, and was the driving force behind the mostly paper or
plastic cartridges we are familiar with.

>As a side note the U.S. Military used the all brass cartridges through the
1960's.  In WW2 they found the paper cartridges would swell in humid
conditions and not fit in the shotgun.  In Vietnam they found that plastic
would melt under combat conditions and muck up the action and barrel.  The
all brass cartridges did not have these problems.