Re: [DL] help!!

Honestly, either you've got some really inventive players or it seems
you would be missing a rule somewhere.  In every game I've run or played
in, dealing out death is not a problem, in fact, for me it's more of a
challenge to not kill someone then to kill them.  All things aside,
here's a couple of things that can help you to make combat a bit more
deadly:

1.  Reread the rules, make sure you are using all the correct modifiers,
hitting the right target numbers, and getting the correct amount of
chips (I still can't believe how often I forget to draw extra chips and
cards in areas of high fear)
2.  Multiple opponents.  a Whole posse concentrating all their guns on
one target won't leave much of a target standing for long.  Any beastie
can be helped out a lot by a little undead backup.
3.  Distractions  it's hard to fight when there's a mad science device
to be diffused, dynamite about to blow, or the ever cheesy damsel about
to be run over by a train
4.  Bad guys that aren't killable by normal bullets.  Several come to
mind.  Ghosts, Swarms, Werewolves, night haunts, the list goes on.
5.  Surprise them.  If you hit them before they hit you, you can get
them wounded and or reduced in chips before the fight even starts
6.  If there chip use is really a problem, have them provide a way that
fate intervened to stop the damage.  For example, the Priest gets shot
in the chest for 3 wounds, in order to drop chips he has to come up with
a reason, like the bible in his pocket stopped the bullet.
7.  don't forget the fear checks!  If half the posse runs away in fear,
the other half are gonna have a much tougher time of things.

Hope those help you.

--D