NT Re: [DL] Butterbars?

Actually Daniel,

You are only partially correct.  The rank of 5 star General of the army was developed to create a rank seen as equal to the European rank of Field Marshal.  However, the rank was developed during the first world war to prevent John Pershing's American Expeditionary Force from being disassembled and used as replacements for the European armies.

g'day
frempath