Re:[DL] Blind fighting ?

> I seem to recall that there was an edge called blind fighting
> in one of the
> source books, and i cant find it anywhere. Am i mistaken?
> If so, i am thinking of making this an edge. each level
> negates a -1 from
> total darkness penalties up to a maximum of -5.
> i thought about making it a skill, but could'nt figure out
> the game mechanics
> on that.
> Any ideas on this??

I don't recall such an edge off hand, and meant to check but forgot.

However if it doesn't exist, I'd lean towards it being a skill - making it
something you are taught rather than something that is just picked up.

I assume that "Blind Fighting" is covers just melee and not ranged combat.
If it was to be a skill, I would simply have it work as a straight
substitute for your fighting skill (however not with the individual
concentrations) but with a lesser penalty for darkness.  I would also
probably make this penalty only a -2 or -3, simply because I think it would
look cool for a character spend an action putting on a blindfold while in
lowlight conditions because "he finds the light distracting".  Also I
wouldn't allow aimed shots (seems obvious, but someone is sure to try it)

As an edge, I feel that having a 5 point edge that reducies penalties to
a -3 only in total darkness is a bit steep.  I would consider it as a 3
point edge that halves any low/no light penalties - i.e. torch/twilight
becomes -2, moonlight -3 and total darkness -4.  Although I'm not sure
whether this really fits the description of "blind" fighting.

Any thoughts?

Roy