Re: [DL] CSA battle flag

The first flags carried into battle were the state flags and the 1st national flag (2 red stripes,1 white stripe,blue canton with stars aranged in a circle), or the bonnie blue flag (blue flag with white disk in the center).  The battle flag was red with a blue st. andrews cross with stars on the cross.  NOTE these flags were square, the flag those neo nazi, skinhead, klan, f**ks use IS NOT the flag of the confederacy.  It is an unused flag of naval ensign design.  The 2nd national was a white feild with a canton which was a small version of the battle flag.  The 3rd national, or current flag of the confederacy was identical to the 2nd with the addition of the vertical red stripe along the edge oposite the canton.

g'day
frempath