Re: [DL] Cattle Barons - Marshal looking for help

I think that I am in a position to help with this problem.  I grew up on a
ranch in Idaho and have cowboyed or wrangled(ran horses) for several
different outfits.  FOr a ranch to be able to clear the red there needs to
be about three hundred mother cows while a big ranch has a lot more(J.R.
Simplot has ten thousand mother cows)  The first step in deciding how many
cows these ranches have to to look at how big they are.  In most of Wyoming
it would take about 50 acres to run one cow all year.  As far as cowboys the
ratio to one cowboy per hundred cows for a trail drive but on a ranch it
would be about one cowboy per two to three hundred cows.  Also, the cowboys
would live in the bunk house, the ranch house is for the ranchers family and
most cowboys have to many bad habits to hang out with kids.  Finnally, if I
were to want to get rid of several cows I would run them up a gully and
shoot them.  Then I would cut off there head and hooves and let the coyotes,
wolves, and bears eat the carcuss(DId you know that when a bear eats a dead
cow it reaches up its anus, grabs ahold of the spine, and turns the carcuss
inside out.  THat would scare the hell out of a posse it they came across
that)

I hope this helps and if you have anymore questions just post them.

Marshell Boone, Biggest Charecter Killer North of the Snake