Re: [DL] Apache questions

> Finally, a non sequitur: can anyone relate their experiences in using the
> new rule for drawing a black/red joker from the action deck (i.e., getting
> draw from the fate pot)?  Do you find it worthwhile? Unbalancing? A pain in
> the tush?

Can't help with the Apache questions, but am happy to report that drawing the
Red Joker often means the difference between making it out of a conflict with
our dignity intact and well, getting our behinds whupped. Other than getting
that "extra" sleeved card, having another chip -regardless of colour- is always
very, very useful.

So far I don't think it's really unbalanced the game: if a combat lasts long
enough, at least one player *and* the Marshal will get a chip from drawing
Jokers. It was a bit of a hassle remembering at the beginning, but now our
combats tend to run pretty darned smoothly (we've been playing for two years,
our Marshal streamlined some of the combat rules, so we know what we're doing
now).

Hope this helps a bit,

Daphné
--
I have seen the truth and it makes no sense.

The Posse With No Name: http://pages.infinit.net/deadland/