Re: [DL] What's in Hexarcana?

> But, what's in Hexarcana?  Is it an update, or a replacement, or an
> expansion/add-on?  Should I get both F&B and Hexarcana, or is the latter
> enough?

Hexarcana is both an add-on for Ghost Dancers, F&B and Hucksters and Hexes
and a replacement for the three mini-splatbooks that came with the boxed
sets.  What you get is more miracles, hexes, and favors for your existing
ABs and you get rules for Metal Mages (the Huckster/Mad Scientist combo from
the City O' Gloom boxed set), Enlightened martial artists, and Voodooists.
Therefore, yes, get it.  They reworked the existing new Arcane Backgrounds
to make them work with the Revised rules.  That being said, if you can only
afford one, get Fire & Brimstone.  It's more necessary.  Hexarcana is nice
to have for the extra options (plus there are just some damn cool hexes in
it), but it's not as necessary as F&B is.  However, since you brought up the
option of buying both, do it :) .  You'll be glad you did.

Nick "shill mode off" Zachariasen
Editor Emeritus
Trojan Times