Re: [DL] A History of Executions

> > 3) A generator capable of creating the voltage needed to fry a man would
>be
> > massive, or if small enough to port around, very difficult to create
>(I'd
> > place it at least Full House or four of a Kind dept. & that's just for
>the
> > generator!) I mean we don't really have generators that small today.
>
>I don't remember much physics but a small generator with a large capacitor
>could do the trick.  Couldn't it?

Yes it could. The Leyland jar was invented in the late 1700's, it was
charged using static elctricity. So you could have something like that very
easily and not have to have a large generator, just a series of capacitors
that fire in sequence to make sure the job is done. Early capacitors were
made using water, so you could drain them for easier mobility.

>Imagine the fun as folks gather around to watch the thing charge and poke
>fun at everyone's hair standing on end!

Imagine the fun of stun guns. I worked in a electronics lab, and let me tell
ya, one of those big ba*tards (fist size) will put out as much juice as a
stun gun. I do not imagine that the ones from then would be wuite as
compact, but imagine charging a large capacitor and placing contacts on
either side of a door knob? Or a floorpad? Ambush with electricity.

Jimmy the Barrel

PS I realize most of my post are in responce to stuff days old, vacation
catch up. 8-)