Re: [DL] Interesting new "source" book...

As I mentioned I haven't read much yet... I'm only about 40 pages into it.
But so far he's covered things such as the Louisiana Purchase, the Lewis and
Clark expedition, etal.  The author starts in (roughly) the mid 1700's and
moves from there.  Here's the first few chapter names:

1. When the East Was the West: Sunrise to Sunset
2. The Cowboys: Making the Wild West Wild, Part One
3. Trails West: Head 'Em Up and Move 'Em Out
4. The Cattle Barons: Making the Wild West Wild, Part Two
5. Westward Ho! Beauty Is in the Eye of the Beerholder

Another issue with a book of this nature is: if you didn't know the
misinformation to begin with, it's difficult (at best) to describe things
from a... well we're all taught blah, blah, blah, but really blah, blah,
blah happened.  (While I know some things about the Wild West, I'm not
writing any history books any time soon! ;-)

Hope that helps some!

Take care,

Derek