Re: [DL] What's a death spiral? -- was: deadlands D20 (barely)

So basically, your NPC went through what our posse members go through at least
once every two sessions, and had the misfortune to die.

Well, it sucks for your NPC, but that's the way Deadlands works, and I for one
happen to find it quite entertaining.

I mean, with a gunbunny character with 6d12 in shootin', it's hard to miss as a
rule when you're shooting at something. On the other hand, if in true gunbunny
form you have a low Vigor, it makes things more interesting. There's nothing to
guarantee you'll be conscious to keep shooting, and all that blood loss is bound
to make your hands shake a bit, no matter how good you are.

It's the whole "surviving in the face of adversity" which makes it worthwhile.
It's more fun to defeat a villain if you're facing your own imminent demise
rather than merely smiting them from afar without so much as breaking a sweat.

Just my two cents Canadian,

Daphné
--
I have seen the truth and it makes no sense.

The Posse With No Name: http://pages.infinit.net/deadland/