From: Nick Zachariasen
Sent: Friday, June 15, 2001 2:04 PM
To: deadlands@gamerz.net
Subject: Re: [DL] Interest in program? [James Cook]

> Whenever this happens, I open a few to see if we are losing someone we
know.
> Alas, the items belonged to Mr. Cook.
>
> Unless he stumbled upon a windfall of product, I fear he is lost to us...

Damn!  Well, perhaps we can contact the good Mr. Cook and see if he can make
available the last version he had ot the DLCG and HOECG code and make them
an open-source project among the listserv.  I have the code for version 1.5
(he once sent it to me so I could analyze it), but I'd imagine he's done at
least SOME work since then.  Who'd be up for the project?  I could do some
work on the database, but I'm missing a few books (Lost Angels, The
Collegium, Doomtown or Bust, and The Black Circle).

Nick Zachariasen
Editor Emeritus
Trojan Times