[DL] Wounds and Fate Chips Questions

Greetings All,

Just a quick question that has bugged me for years, but either I remember to ask after the game then wake up in the morning with amnesia or get too busy doing something elseto get to it before it happens again.

The question is hard to phrase so perhaps and example is called for:

Harry is in the middle of a raging gunfight and has so far taken 3 wounds to the guts when some backstabbing varmint gets a lucky gizzard shot on him that does a total of four wounds! Luckily Harry has some chips to spend...

The question is: Harry would now have a total of 7 wounds to the guts, 2 beyond the maimed status that spells death. Or would he? Is 5 wound levels the "maximum" number of wounds a particular area can take? If Harry spends chips to stave off death does he have to spend chips to take care of the 2 wounds beyond maimed he is or should he just consider he has 5 wounds and spend from there?

xxoo
The Wanderer
The World is run by the people that show up.

They say you shouldn't smoke and chew the nicotine gum at the same time. What a load! Everybody know that smoking and chewing the gum is the quickest, cheapest high you can get!