Re: [DL] Stupid PC tricks

On Mon, Jun 18, 2001 at 03:25:27AM -0400, MikeEdwR@aol.com said:
> What was the most foolish stunt or trick ever attempted or performed by a
> member of your posse?

 Spoilers for The Mission...

 During The Mission, the posse had captured the nasty French Foreign Legion
 deserter and his band of nasties, and had tied them together by their
 wrists behind their backs, so they formed a circle facing outwards.  They
 put them sitting on The Well, so that if any of them tried to move away,
 he'd drag the others into the well.

 So, the posse gets to talking about what they're going to do with these
 guys (one of them had already been down the well, by the way, so they knew
 it was full of dead bodies, but that's all they knew about it - except
 they may have figured out by then that it was in the middle of a giant
 underground bloodstained pentagram), and some of them were suggesting
 executing them.  One posse member, a deserted Union cavalry officer, had
 an inexplicable burst of conscience and went outside to the guys tied up
 in the sun.  He told the leader he was thinking of letting him go, and
 asked yer man what he'd do if he were allowed to go.  The guy said he'd
 go straight and be a good boy.  The player rolled Scrutinise, and got a big
 roll, and saw that what the guy actually meant was "groovy, I'll be back
 tomorrow with three times as many guys and I'll skin you alive".  The
 player gave him a second chance, and said he didn't believe him, and
 asked him to apologise.  The guy apologised - another big Scrutinise roll
 revealed him to be thinking "you're going DOWN!".

 So, Matt being Matt, he pushed the guy down the well.  Rolled low on the
 Smarts roll I called for to be nice, so all of them daisy-chained down
 60' into a pile of rotting corpses.

 The other posse members heard the commotion (and the faint groans of pain
 from underground) and came out to find Matt's character standing beside
 the well with nobody else around.  His explanation was something like "he
 said he was going to come back and kill us all!"  "He said THAT?"  "Well,
 not in so many words, but I saw it in his eyes..."

 The problem was eventually solved with a merciful bundle of dynamite
 dropped into the hole, causing a rather spectacular fountain of ichor.

 Wishkah

--
       | This is pointless and will only promote in-jokes and cliquism.|