Re: [DL] old ladies [spoilers]

>does anyone else have a problem with their posses trying to attack every
>little old women they encounter.  I need to stop making them evil.  Does
>anyone have any ideas?

Well, this might make them attack EVERY old lady they come across, but...

Mina Devlin has a tendency to train various ladies in Black Magic. One thing
she's learned is that spells pack more of a wallop if they use a coven that
contains the three archetypical offices of womanhood. Maiden, Mother and
[for those Pratchett fans out there] The Other One.

Now that the posse is offing little old ladies, it's cutting into Mina's
powerbase. She's starting to think that it's a plot on the posse's part to
weaken her in some way, so she starts serripticiously (and Nick will correct
my spelling, I'm sure) sending bands of her own after them.

It starts "innocently" enough. The posse is finding that it's getting fights
picked with it with rather rough and tumble bands of cowpokes (hired guns
from the rail gang). They're not trying to kill them...just find out how
strong they are.

From there, it moves into the odd (and I do mean ODD) tendency they have to
get picked on by Devil Bats. It's uncanny. No matter WHERE the posse spends
the night out in the wilderness, a band of DB's is hunting in the vicinity.

If they travel by Black River Railroad, their luggage ALWAYS goes missing.

Banks the posse keeps its money in get robbed by the masked bands that Mina
has been sending across the West (remember...these are the days before
Federal Insurance...bad luck for the posse).

When it feels like they have nobody to turn to, a young lady joins up with
them. One who is, shall we say, VERY attracted to the posse...one third of
one of the covens they've messed up. See how much damage you can do with
that.

And if all else fails, remember that Mina can call on the Hangin' Judges if
she wants to. What might the Judges say about the unprovoked murder of a
sweet, innocent, little old lady?

I'm getting the Evil DM's grin just thinking about it.

--Jacques (Chris' friend)

"Will a broken skeleton key open a broken door?"