Re: [DL] Disputed Lands

I picked up a map at Ft. Scott NHP that I really like.  It is called A New Map of Texas, Oregon and California (1846).
Its pre Mexican war. Iowa is a territory, Kansas, Okalahoma and Nebraska are Indian territory, Texas goes clear up to 42 degrees latitude (even with the northern boarder of California. California is everything north of mexico, and west of Texas.  Missouri Territory is the area deadlands has for the Indians territory. and Oregon still goes from California north to 54 degrees 40 minutes.  Its a great map, if you have a federal park near you go see if they have or can get it.  They probably have a bunch of other maps you might find useful to.

g'day
frempath