Re: [DL] Ghost weed

--- Derek Carmichael <dcarmichael@apple.com> wrote:
> > On 7/12/01 1:45 PM, Wes Anderson wrote the following:
>
> > Thus an adventure about the horrible properties of ghost weed was
> born.
>
> While this was *originally* meant as a smarmy remark... ;-) What
> happens to
> people who smoke it?

Smoke demons!  I seem to remember (vaguely) a tale about a Huxter
WildTalent who used his one Hex (the air bubble one) to avoid
suffocation by a smoke demon.  Hmm... let's see... Ok here's my idea
for a non-traditional adventure.

The posse arrives into a normally quiet little mining town to find
everything deserted.  Doors are flung open, meals are left on tables,
chairs are overturned, all the classic signs of a town deserted in a
hurry.  After the posse investigates for a while, call for a Cognition
roll to notice the smell in the air.  Smoke.

If the posse follows the smoke to it's source, the find the townfolks
have formed a bucket brigade from the river/lake/local water source o'
your choice to the entrance to the Ghost Rock mine.  The posse can
either join in or point out the futility of this action as nothing
short of another great flood will be putting out this fire any time
soon.  After the party's herded all the townsfolk back to their soon to
be less than booming town, a huge crash is heard from the direction of
the mine and sparks can be seen floating in the darkening sky.

Upon returning to the former mine, the posse sees that the fire has
weakened the mine tunnels, causing a cave in and exposing the burning
tunnels to the forested hills under which they were dug.  Soon, the
entire countryside is engulfed in roaring flames.  The posse must now
work their way out of the unnatural blaze, avoiding natural obstacles,
fire crazed animals, charred zombies, and smoke demons.

-Bryce "didn't know I had it in me" Perry

=====
"Not everything is a labyrinth of dark conspiracy, and not everybody is plotting to decieve, enveigle and obfuscate!"

-Dana Scully, The X Files