[DL] Allan's ability to have 2 emails [OT]

--- Seanchai <Seanchai@compuserve.com> wrote:
> >>On a serious note - when the posts come from this
> address
> (darious@darious.com) it doesn't have any more
> weight than anyone else on
> the list.<<
>
>    Either you're the moderator or you're not. Saying
> you're just another
> list member when using a certain e-mail account,
> when you're wearing blue,
> or when you're in the mood to shed the moderator
> role so that you can
> indulge in a little fun doesn't work.

That's like saying a Marshal can't run NPCs.

>    Moreover, setting up a system in which you
> sometimes have authority and
> sometimes don't is unfair to the list members, who
> can't reliably know when
> you're acting as moderator or not.

I don't see it as unfair or confusing.  It's an easy
system.

> Yes, I know,
> you're just a normal list
> citizen when you post from a certain e-mail address.

Then there's no problem.

> Couple of things about
> that, however: you cannot shed perceptions of your
> authority so easily,

Yes you can

> it's easy to miss noticing which e-mail address
> you're posting from,

Not really, they are quite distinct in their format.

> posting from an alternate e-mail is no guarantee
> that the moderator won't
> get involved,

???

> and, finally, there's no guarantee
> that you won't change your
> mind about the authority inherent in the alternate
> e-mail.

Yes there is.  He says there's a difference, and has
proved several times there is a difference.  His
words, and actions are enough of a guarantee that he
won't confuse the 2 emails, and as of yet, no one else
has had a problem with confusion between the emails.

I believe Allan has done an excellent job so far and
doesn't need his track record marred by speculation.

-Munch Wolf