Re: [DL] Stone question [SPOILERS]

--- Nick Zachariasen <zacharin@pluto.dsu.edu> wrote:
> Players, get outta here
>

> When Stone comes for someone (and of course kills them), does he
> leave
> witnesses?  For instance, Terrance has maxed-out Grit, having made
> several
> items of clothing out of Diablo hide.  He could probably take out a
> whole
> squad of Guardian Angels single-handedly.  Philip has 3 Grit and is
> earning
> a name for himself   Terrance and Philip are in a saloon with Ugly
> Bob
> behind the bar and Celine Dion on the stage.  Stone comes in looking
> for
> Terrance.  Stone puts several bullets in Terrance, killing him.  Now,
> does
> Stone also kill Philip, Ugly Bob, Celine Dion, and the rest of the
> people in
> the saloon, or does he just tell Philip "I'll be back for you later"?

Well, he'd probably leave Celine Dion alive, if for no other reason
than to spread misery in the West.  But that's not the question here...

> I ask because there's one particular town I've had the PCs more or
> less
> protecting, and one of the PCs is probably going to be getting a
> viist from
> Mr. Stone soon if she manages to survive Night Train.  Stone's going
> to call
> her out in the middle of town and I want to know if he'll take out
> the rest
> of the posse and any townsfolk who happen to see him or if he just
> kills the
> one person and leaves the rest in fear of him.

It depends, if the town has come to regard the entire posse as their
protectors then he'll probably take all of 'em out.  Brutally.  Like
blowing off gun-arms and kneecaps and such, but letting them live as
lame, one-armed, blind once-upon-a-time heroes.  If the town would be
more afriad of losing only the one PC then he'll probably just kill her
and string her up by her intestines on the "Welcome to Poplar Bluff,
pop. XXX" sign.

-Bryce "Erm... XXX-1 now, I suppose" Perry

=====
"Not everything is a labyrinth of dark conspiracy, and not everybody is plotting to decieve, enveigle and obfuscate!"

-Dana Scully, The X Files