Re: Kiwi Currency (Was [DL] Moderator vs. non-moderator accounts. [OT])

--- Rich Ranallo <toadpooka@juno.com> wrote:
> The current issue of criticalmiss
> (www.criticalmiss.com) has a poll about
> this very instance.  The question being: have you
> ever loaned money to a
> Kiwi?  If so, did he pay it back.  If not, would you
> ever do such a
> thing?
> Last I heard, the top answer was, "No, I have not,
> and I never will lend
> money to a Kiwi."

Well, the main reason for that is American money just
doesn't look right to us. Someone hands you this
monotone collection of rectangles and says "here's
your cash." Sure, like we'd fall for that one. That
isn't money. It's something they give to kids to play
"shop." There's no colour (other than green), there's
no picture of the Queen, and there's no funky metallic
strip through the middle.

Why would we give back play money? Cost more to post
it than it would be worth buying from a toy store in
the first place.

To answer the previous question:
It's a New Zealand Dollar (it's metric as there are
100 cents to a dollar).
Curently it's worth around $US 0.41.
They come in many different colours. For example,
IIRC, $5 are red. $10 are blue, $20 are green.
There are no $1 or $2 notes. Instead we use gold coins
for that role.

Cheers,
Mr. B
-Antipodean living in the Great Satan