RE: [DL] Allan's ability to have 2 emails [OT]

>    You know what? If he'd been justified in doing it, I'd let it go too.
>Check out the thread. Check out his posts.

Actually, I don't want to. Purhaps he was justified, purhaps he wasn't.
Writing huge messages to convince me he was in the wrong will do no good,
because, frankly, you're a whiner.

>    Consider: You're driving along, doing 50 in a 55 mph zone, and suddenly
>there are flashing lights behind you. You pull over, the cop gets out, and
>comes to the car. You: "What's the problem, officer. I wasn't speeding."
>Cop: "Oh, I know, ****head. I've heard rumors that you speed a lot and I
>noticed you're driving a red car. So I'm going to preemptively write you a
>ticket for speeding. Don't like that? Well, too ****ing bad."
>    Tell me that if something like this happened to you that you wouldn't
>be
>seriously pissed. For a long time. Tell me you wouldn't complain. Tell me
>you wouldn't let your friends (and everyone else) know what the cops in the
>area are like.
>    I feel damned confident that an average person would do at least some
>of
>those things.
>    Am I doing them? You bet.

Okay, I wouldn't be mad, or upset. Again, thats a vague comparison, because
while that situation would cost money, time, and so forth, being cussed at
by a moderator only costs you...well, you tell me. You're putting a lot of
effort into it.

>    It is. And I've left one list already because of its moderator. If
>things get as bad as they were on the other list, I'll go - and tell every
>D20 player I can find - hell, every gamer - about what a wonderful resource
>this list is and about how customer conscious Pinnacle is. It may not do
>much good - until they get on the list and see the moderator mocking (and
>thereby encouraging others to mock) D20...

If people like D20, thats fine. But people should pretend to like it just to
attract more folks to the list. I really don't mind the system, I've just
seen better. And if Allen doesn't like it, he shouldn't smile, grip the edge
of the table, and talk about how redeeming it is.

>    Having a taste of what the moderator's judgement is like, I wouldn't be
>too sure of that.

Expound on this a bit...are you talking about yourself or me, because of my
comment?

JP