[DL] Re: Whatleys

> > Watt-lee
>
> This is how I had always pronounced it until I met a man at work whose
> last name is Whatley, pronounced Wait-lee.  I assume there could be
> regional differences though, as in Steven and Stephen.
>
> -Bryce

Agreed--I've met or at least heard of one or two Whatleys myself and they do
pronounce it that way.

However...as Nick pointed out, it's spelled What_e_ley in DL (and HPL, I
believe) which makes all the difference. ;-)

I'd hate to saddle all those innocent Whatleys with an association to a
bunch of other-planar, inbreeding New Englanders. ;-)

John