[DL] Dead Presidents Errata [Spoilers, BY GAWD! Spoilers]

Hi all,
         I went through DP with a fine tooth comb, and here's my compiled
Errata list. Nothing too serious, really...just getting my draft and
Shane's to match up.

         So if you're a player...

         Would you PLEASE...

         GET. THE. H#LL. OUT!

         Dead Presidents Errata

Chapter One: That Voodoo...That You Do...So Well

Page 3, Ch. 1 Summary: The posse are asked to travel to the New Mexico
Territory, not Arizona.

Page 4, Ch. 2 Summary: Gen. Lee’s nickname is “Marse Robert”, not “Marse
Roberts”.

Page 4, Ch. 3 Summary: Davis’ fateful trip to Kentucky happened in 1871,
not 1870. The posse is tortured by George Alexander, not Robert.

Page 13, Curiosities: The posse finds Joseph Davis’ Bible, not a picture of
him.

Chapter Two: Paths to Apotheosis

Page 31, Hellhound on My Trail: "Winnie" Davis’s actual given name is
Varina Anne, not “Winnifred.”

Chapter Three: Revelations of Blood and Fire
Page 39: Harrowed Posse members are decapitated, but their bodies are not
burned. Rather, they are stored separately on the train.

Page 40, Chapter Three Summary: Again, Col. Alexander’s first name is
George, not Robert.

Page 40: “A quick look around enables a character to notice the once ivory
walls and ceiling now exhibit ghastly cardinal stains. “ Here’s how they
got that way:
         When the posse tells Secretary Michele exactly how they crossed
President Davis (Page 47, “The Man Behind the Curtain”), Michele gathers
the final details needed to solve a mystery of his own. Unbeknownst to the
general public, at the precise time of the voodoo ritual in Gomorra, a
late-evening Cabinet meeting was taking place in the Executive Mansion.
         During the meeting, everyone in the President’s company–including
Vice-President Judah Benjamin and most of the Cabinet–was killed when their
bodies’ veins all exploded at once. (“You may have noticed the stained
walls,” Michele adds matter-of-factly.) Michele, who was unavoidably
detained, missed the meeting and survived, and Davis, though present,
remained unharmed for reasons unknown.
         After Michele relates this information, the posse may suspect the
truth (the President survived because he isn’t really the man targeted by
the ritual), especially if the characters gainfully studied the
Doppleganger tissue in Kentucky. Sharing such suspicions with Michele or
Rev. Hoge elicits a look of sincere and grave consideration, though Michele
seems more accepting of the possibility.
         (The deaths of everyone ahead of him in the Executive Branch line
of succession is what later enables Secretary Michele to become Acting
President of the Confederacy, if your posse successfully completes the
adventure.)
         Michele believed the Cabinet members’ deaths indicated Davis had
at last gone mad and turned his wrath upon anyone who might be The Southern
Sentinel: the Cabinet, General Lee and Varina Davis (as well as Dr. Hoge,
if he perished earlier in the scenario). He was considering taking refuge
in a safer locale, but then word of the posse’s capture reached him.
         The characters provoked great consternation in the President, and
from that he derived a faint hope they might hold the key to toppling the
Davis regime. Michele learned of the posse’s pending execution almost too
late, but hastily arranged a dramatic escape aboard the Robert E. Lee.
(“Please forgive my appearance,” the Secretary says, “but our military’s
new air carriage plays havoc with one’s grooming.”)

Page 43: Reduce the number of concealed chlorine gas canisters to one in
Colonel George W. Alexander’s Profile. (He uses it later to kill off the
CSS Mallory’s crew.)

Page 56: Looking at the Mallory’s interior diagram, you might be curious
how ten vapor cannons fit on such a tiny craft. In truth, the CSS Stephen
Mallory is one of the Confederate Navy’s submersible ironclads (similar to
the ones currently operating in the Great Maze), and is more correctly
depicted in the illustration on page 58.

Deo Vindice,
Mr. Christopher L. McGlothlin, M.Ed.

Freelance Writer for the Deadlands and DC Universe RPG Lines
Southern by the Grace of God