Re: [DL] Dead Presidents alternate version -- was: Comments

In a message dated 7/27/2001 9:50:57 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
jyates@primaryfunction.com writes:

I for one would love to see the pre-revision Dead Presidents.  Having both
the linear-as-published and original investigation-heavy versions on hand
would be good for me, in case my posse ever learns how to collect clues.
They need to be led by the nose now, but they might evolve some by the time
I get to run DP.

First, I think you're going to be disappointed if you think the original is
investigation heavy--I don't recall cutting *any* investigative scenes at
all. Chris might remember otherwise, but you can check for yourself when he
posts the original.

Second, Richmond had to die. There's a long answer for that, but in brief,
the CSA is "at fault" in the war at this point because of the doppleganger,
and in literary terms, the CSA must make the sacrifice. Lee and a few
thousand Virginians seems appropriate. ;)

Third, I would prefer Chris just post the selected text he wants compared to
the list, not on the web page (at this point).

Shane