Re: [DL] Dead Presidents: The Author's Cut Now Available

In a message dated 7/28/2001 4:15:32 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
cmcgloth@halifax.com writes:

        As I've said before, the printed version of DP is way better, so I
make no guarantees you won't read the file and say, "Man, did that SUCK!"
Shane's a far better writer than me, and this file proves that beyond doubt.

For the record, Chris has been taking too many "humble" pills again. ;) But
thanks anyway. ;) Chris' manuscript was fine, but only so many words fit in
64 pages. The few actual problems that arose in playtest were mainly
restrictions imposed by Goff because of Doomtown concerns. That, in turn,
came from on high, by me, without ever seeing more than a brief outline of
the adventure (we spec out the events we want to happen and then let the
authors interpret them as they see fit).

In the case of Doomtown, we supported it because the card game was in full
swing at  the time. When it was canceled, we decided to return to our own
sandbox and let Gomorra sit for a bit.

Shane