[DL] Another Plea for Help

It has been quite a while since our last Deadlands session, but we are
about to get the participation back up enough to play again.  because
of this, I thought I would pose a question about a problem we had on
our last session.

SPOILER SPACE (Just in case.)

Ok, the last time we played, I don't think we had the combat quite
right.  We were playing the Ghostbusters adventures, and at the ambush
with Uriah Whatley and his hired guns, the posse mercilessly
slaughtered them.  I mean, even the guy who stormed out in the middle
of his street, drew his gun, and then watched as it fell apart lived
through that fight.  The posse kept getting good shots that just winded
the h--- out of the bad guys, while the bad guys couldn't hit the broad
side of a barn.  My question is did I do something wrong, or is it
supposed to be as easy as cake?  If I was doing it righ, and they were
just good, what can I do to make the baddies a little bit tougher?  I
don't nessecarily want the posse to get slaughtered, but a few wounds
in a heavy firefight might be nice.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Ogy Joe

"How can you expect to succeed if you don't risk failure?"