Re: [DL] Movie American Outlaws

>From: "Jeff Yates" <jyates@primaryfunction.com>
>To: <deadlands@gamerz.net>
>Subject: [DL] Movie American Outlaws
>Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 10:24:38 -0400
>
>I've just seen a trailer for the movie American Outlaws starting in the
>next
>week or so.  This is the first I've ever heard of it.  Has it gotten press
>before but I've been under a rock?  Any rumors you listers have heard about
>it's quality, or it's Deadlands appropriateness (even if it doesn't have
>dead people)?
>
>Just curious -- it's a hinderance I've managed to live with ;-)
>
>Jeff Y.

To me it smacks a bit of "A Knight's Tale" a thouroughly disgusting attempt
to make a classic genre more palatable to the masses by tossing in modern
music, speech, and motivations. Yeah, I'll see it, but I'm already
anticipating that my freinds and I will be tossed out for MST3K-ing it. =]

xxoo
Matt