Re: [DL] Swords

> sabers for officers probably were fading in use when revolvers became
> common, so I'd look in Lawdogs for when the earlies Cap and Ball wpns
> came out

Earliest Cap and Ball revolvers came out in 1836 with the Colt Paterson
(.36 caliber), however they were not in common use buy the military.
 The Texas Rangers used them untile 1847 when the infamous Colt Walker
(.44 caliber) was produced for them.  By the time of the Mexican war US
military officers were issued either a Colt Dragoon (cut down improved
version of the Walker) or the 1851 Colt Navy (.36 cal).

Jay