Re: [DL] Open Gaming License

First, WotC can get them to change the book that violates the OGL...this
can cause them to do a reprint, or in extreme cases, a recall.  Supposing
WotC were the evil Monolith that people say they are, they can change the
OGL and enforce these changes on other companies 30 days after the change
is made.
But, in no case can they take any intellectual property away from the
company.  They could tell PEG to stop selling Deadlands d20 as it is now,
but couldn't go and sell their own Deadlands d20 or even stop PEG from
putting out a new, OGL-compliant version.
Note that I'm not saying that the book is non-compliant; I'd heard that
there wa one minor problem, but I haven't seen it.  I was merely using
Deadlands as an example.

On Thu, 16 Aug 2001 01:29:54 EDT MikeEdwR@aol.com writes:
> I am curious what exactly would happen to a company that violated
> the open gaming license.
> Anyone have an idea or better yet actually know?

From Whom It May Concern,
Rich Ranallo, The Shogun of Harlem

"Rock and Roll will be the new planetary culture, believe it or not."
-Prof. Michio Kaku