Re: [DL] Black Circle Errata [really Off-Topic]

--- Munch Wolf <munchwolf@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Is it just me or does this letter below seem rude?

It's just you, i wasn't trying to be rude, just trying
to get a simple answer to what was turning into a
complex question.
Nobody answered the question suitably for me, so I
decided to rephrase the question to get a broader
answer. Saying "It's supposed to say 1878 up at the
top" is only referring to the date at the top of the
page, not to the article itself.

> The answer is ignored, and the question asked again.

in my opinion, the answer was not sufficient

> Do people realize there is an archive out there?
> http://www.gamerz.net/archives/deadlands/
> I know the searchable one is down, but the answers
> are still out there.

I know about the archive, but invariably I never find
what I'm looking for, it's easier to ask a question on
the list. Somebody will respond, sometimes several
somebodies. I apologize if this offends you.

> Anyway, here's a link to a reply by John Goff
> answering this question:

http://www.gamerz.net/archives/deadlands/200105/msg00095.html

thanks, that's what I wanted

> He wrote the book, so his answer should be
> trustworthy enough
> (btw, for those who don't want to bother on
> clicking and want to ask the question AGAIN, he says
> the same thing Nick says.  It should all be 1878).

that isn't what Nick said, but who wants to quibble at
this point?
unless for some reason someone joins the list tomorrow
and the first thing they ask is "Say, does anyone know
why the dates in Black Circle are all screwy?"
:-P

-doc