Re: [DL] A new abomination: The shimmer (long)

     Until I come up with a better name for this
abomination, it's title will continue to be Greater
Gremlin.  I wish to ask anyone with questions or
comments to contact me at josephtalon@yahoo.com. I
will answer as soon as I can.  Please, use this
creation to your best Marshall capabilities.  Just as
well, other creatures of creation should appear on any
of the lists.

                Thank you, Mark E. Gerke

                Greater Gremlin

     In this hell upon earth, there is a new form of
abomination that takes form in the mechanical
components of--most commonly--power suits.  It is
common for them to also take lodging in Junker devices
of size 6 and up--another reason they are "Greater..."
 In the case of power suits and the like, these
creatures have the capabilty of draining spirit from
the person inside.
     This is a new abomination and must be discovered
by working the inside of the vessel during
maintenance.  A science: occult-engineering or
Tinkerin'/spirit roll vs. the gremlins spirit should
find it immediately.  Within 2d12 hours, the Greater
Gremlin takes perminent residence.  At this point, it
may manifest itself and/or stay and await a meal.  For
every d6 hours, the person within the vessel gets a -2
to discover the manifestation.  This is added to any
negatives the hero already has with a maximum of -8.
After all, they are being drained of there life.  For
the same d6 hours they take 1d4 wind.  If the person
inside the suit is rendered unconscious, they continue
to take wind until they are found or until there
death.  Because of the corruption, if death occurs,
draw one addition card to see if the character becomes
harrowed.
      There is that chance that the Greater Gremlin is
not found inside the vessel.  It will take its new
home somewhere and wreak havoc.  It has a want for
spirit, so there is the possiblity it may take the
suit and lay low for others to find it.  The
consequences of finding one of these is detailed
above; the Marshall can always decide whatever fate
he/she deems worthy.  This could be used for the
beginning of an adventure.  Upon taking its true form
within the vessel, it gains all the bonuses that the
vessel has to offer.  The Abomination can be
identified by a strangely colored corrosion.

Size: varies     Terror: 9
              Corporeal: D3d10, filchin' 4d10,
              lockpickin' 3d10. N3d10, climb5d10,
              dodge 6d10, brawlin' 3d10, sneak 6d10,
              swimming 3d10.  S 4d6, Q 4d10, V3d8.

              Mental:  C 2d10, K 3d4, M 1d12,
              Bluff 2d12, Sm 2d6, Sp 3d10.

      I hope you enjoy to the fullest Marshall's.  As
a simple point, most of the stats used are from the
origianl gremilins in Deadlands.  I have merely
modified them for Hell on Earth.  Please use the
original rules for gremlins if you want.  Together,
blended with this new creation can be something very
mischievious--and it might put a smile on your face.
(and if your lucky and new set of pointy nubs on top
your head. Hee hee.  )  Have many wonderful games.
Mark.  (thanks Max)