Re: [DL] Conversion advice

> I have been converting the adventure "The Last Stop"
> to d20 as stated in a previous message, and have run
> into a minor snag; the MM doesn't include coyotes :)
> Neither does Deadlands: D20 or Horrors o' the Weird
> West. What creature would you say coyotes are most
> like? wolves? (It would seem to me that wolves would
> be nastier, but that's just me).

I would say either make them wolves or some kind of rabid dog (Are war
dogs in DnD?  I don't have the book in front of me right now.).

> Also, since this is an original Deadlands adventure,
> it makes reference to awarding Fate Chips of various
> colors. I don't presently own a copy of the original
> game (a situation I hope to rectify soon), but it
> seems to be that these awards would be better
> translated as experience awards and/or bonuses, since
> Fate Chips in D20 seem to be very different.

Or you could devise some house rule on how fate chips work.  I am
working on that myself.

> This is a good adventure and I think my players will
> enjoy it, once I get the bugs worked out :) If you all
> would like, when I get all of these conversions done,
> I could post them here.

I would love to see the conversions when you get done.  If you don't
send them to the list, feel free to send them to me privately.

> Allen

Ogy Joe

"How can you expect to succeed if you don't risk failure?"