Re: [DL] Which System to Use for a New Game

Easy there guys.

I just might have to agree with him.

There's a difference between "putting the rules together" and the rules
themselves.  As the third major go over of the Deadlands setting and as the
umpteenth D20 book out there, there is naturally a stronger base of
experience to build from - creating a stronger book overall.
Think of it this way - both systems have been playtested extensively before
the DL D20 book came out, allowing the author to easily grab what works and
concentrate on just merging the two paradigms.

To make a long story short - PEG did an excellent job of putting this book
together.  Considering the constraints and limitations they had to work
under, I also think that they did an miraculous job of porting over what
they could of that "Old West" feel.

At 12:31 PM 8/28/2001 -0500, you wrote:
 >> I think they did a better job with the rules in D20 then in the
 >original
 >> game.
 >
 >I think you just cursed yourself forever by saying that.

Allan Seyberth
darious@darious.com
Deadlands fan site - http://www.darious.com/

American Autodueling Association - Legalize Vehicular Weaponry!!!