[DL] Personal Conversion Notes

Just onm the toipic of system conversions:

One of my players didn't want to use the bucketys o'
dice PEG Deadlands system, so I came up with a
compromise:

-Convert all Traits to a d10 based system, similar to
the World of Darkness System (add Trait to Aptitude
and roll that many dice).
-Reduce all Aptitudes to their raw level (ie 4d12
sneak would be simply 4, as would a 4d4 persuasion)
-Highest die still represents the result of the roll.
-All set TNs go up by 1.
-Unskilled rolls and concentrations still work the
same.
-Initiative is determined using a Quickness roll. All
characters get 1 action plus 1 for every success and
raise. Action order is determined by highest first,
then rotating all actions between players(everyone's
first actions, then everyon'es second, etc.) until
everyone's finished. A Botched Quickness roll means no
actions.
-Fate Chips are out the window. Instead, I give Fate
Points of equal value (ie 3 for a Blue, 2 for a Red, 1
for a White). When a Fate Chip would be used, an
equivalent no. of Fate Points are used instead.
-All mechanics that require a poker hand have been
changed to a relevant roll with a base TN of 4, plus 2
for each additional poker hand required (TN 4 is High
Card, TN 6 is Two Pair, etc.)
-Damage and wounds remain the same, as does pretty
much all other mechanics.

The way I converted the stats were as follows:
-Convert dice rolled into a greater die type if the
Trait is below d10. For example, a 2d8 = 1d10, a 5d4 =
2d10, etc. If a Trait will not convert up to d10s, it
stays at a minimum of 1. d12 s convert down, adding
additional dice, ie 2d12 = 3d10, 6d12 = 7d10, etc.

Note this system makes major NPCs (like Dr Leonitus P.
Gash, for example) incredibly skilled.

I allocate 20 points for Traits for character
generation. Characters may begin with only 1 Trait of
4, and 1 Trait of 3. The others may be allocated as
the player sees fit.

I give 20 + Smarts, Cognition and Knowledge for
skills.
I give 15 + Vigor + Spirit for Wind.
Edges and Hindrances remain the same.

That's about it. I'm still toying with character
improvement, though.

Any thoughts?

James Knevitt
"Is there a saloon gal sourcebook I can use?"
- Sarah, one of my players

=====
Knowledge is Power. Power Corrupts. Study Hard. Be Evil.

"Lend me your dask & nasty stuff, O my buddy Bert !"
- Paul Jacoby

"Forget everything you have been told." - Yasuki Taka