Re: [DL] Will Someone Stop the Bleedin'?

In a message dated 8/29/01 4:07:15 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
danielstack@mediaone.net writes:

<< I know I'm still pretty new to Deadlands, but going through
 the Player's Guide, I can't find rules to stop from Bleedin' to
 death once Bleedin' starts.

 Page 139 has the Bleedin' rules - a Seriously Wounded character
 bleeds 1 Wind per Round, Critically 2 Wind per Round, and
 Maimed Limbs 3 per Round.

 But I don't see how to stop it.  p. 141 has rules to eliminate all
 Wind damage, but that takes five minutes - by that time the
 character will have bled to death.

 Medicine, on p. 43, does mention that General Medicine
 can be used to stop bleeding, but does not describe the
 mecahnism or time required for doing so.

This was put in the Agency book, because it was accidently left out of the
main book.  The TN to reduce bleeding by one pointis an easy (3) medicene
general roll.  Each raise stops an additional point.  You bust, bleeding goes
up by a point.  It only takes one action to do.