[DL] LAD - Thoughts (spoilers)

General:  This is a different type of horror than is generally brought
across in Deadlands.  It's meant to be more of a creeping horror.  It's just
an experiment - I haven't had a chance to test the system out yet, but I
plan to do in the future.  The effect is to show the horror of the character
fading away and how his friends react to their colleague losing his humanity
before their eyes, rather than going out in the blaze of glory.

Die Type: I decided to go with the die type dependancy as everything seems
to follow this, although I did think about going for double the trait level.

Humanity Points: These are simply to provide some gauge for the player and
GM to determine how much of his humanity the character has lost. If you feel
that you can roleplay it without the humanity points then that's probably a
better way to go.

Exceptions: OK not everyone embarks upon this route and there is a way to
escape it.

Blessed: I wouldn't use this method for Blessed characters period - they
have their focus.
Shaman:  I'm not so up on Shaman - however they are probably in the same
category as blessed.
I would give serious consideration to allowing  characters with a Faith of 5
to escape this fate as well and put them in with the same effect as the
Blessed

I would probably remove a Blessed/Shaman character from play if he succeeded
in overcoming the manitou with some display relevant to the characters faith
that will inspire their friends.

Hindrances:  Character with level 5 Oaths (and possibly other hindrances at
GM's discretion) can focus all their efforts on their oath which prevents
them from becoming one of the hollow men.  However the focus of the oath
becomes all encompassing for the character. This explains the survivability
of characters such as the Ghost and Stone that have total dominion.  Their
Oath/Mission is their life and this fuels their power, of course Stone could
have a different deal altogether.

Manitou's Return:  It is possible that at sometime time during the above the
Manitou makes a grab and gains a dominion point.  At that point the
character recovers from his strange "illness", and the manitou seeing a
chance at gaining the upper hand, returns to the struggle.  If the character
regains total dominion, they do not get back any humanity points and find
themselves back where they left off.

Anyway that's what I've got - any comments, suggestions etc would be
welcome.

Thanks to those of you who got this far,

Cheers

Roy