RE: [DL] Faeries/Sidhe in Deadlands - a touch of Changeling [Matt]

--- "Matthew M. DeForrest"
> Players Git!

Gorn! Git!

> I've got a couple of thoughts along these lines for
> you.  The most important bit, in
> terms of what you are
> talking about, is that the Hunting Grounds are
> plastic and mold to the
> perceptions of the perceiver.

That's basically the idea I had, but I myself was
picturing the Hunting Grounds as Arcadia. Fell for the
oldest trick in the book!

> As such, I'd recommend that you think of all
> the spirits in the
> Hunting Ground as the Sidhe rather than dividing it
> up into a World of
> Darkness angst-fest.

After I went over what I had said, I decided that
they're all Sidhe, but the type of Sidhe needs
addressing: what kind of Sidhe would even think about
causing such fear, pain and misery in the world as the
manitous do? The only answer I can come up with (in
Changeling terms) are Duntains, seeking to spread
Banality for the Reckoners. As you may know, the Black
Plague was a great source of Banality, with fear and
misery being the emotional frontrunners of the day.
Sounds like the Reckoners, huh? I am, however, using
the various types of fae found in Changeling (pooka,
sluagh, etc.).

> I know you have my semi-official version of the
> sidhe I sent, so I won't
> bore you by repeating it (The Faerie Doctor for
> those following along in
> their playbooks).

Thanks! It was really useful, and it's given me a lot
of ideas to run with.

As for those who'd prefer me not to muddy the waters
of the setting, well, hey, it's just an idea. It may
work, it may not, but it's worth a shot. For what it's
worth, the players most likely won't even know
anything' amiss. The only player who will realise
what's going on is the resident Mage junkie in the
group. :)

James

=====
Knowledge is Power. Power Corrupts. Study Hard. Be Evil.

"Lend me your dark & nasty stuff, O my buddy Bert !"
- Paul Jacoby

"Should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be facing a finality beyond your comprehension, and you will not be counting days, or months, or years, but millenia in a place with no doors." - Joe Black, "Meet Joe Black"