[DL] The Devil Came Down to Atlanta: an Adventure Summary from the World of Weirdness(TM)

Hey y'all,

Well, I've just come home from my irst true Southern
adventure, and man, it was a doozy. My players ate up
the South like cajun cooking on Mardi Gras, and I
think it's going to be hard to drag them away from it.

I wrapped up the 'Burning Man' and 'Midnight Circus'
subplots, but the Ebon Chancery is still lurking in
the shadows.

Our favorite antisocial dirt farmer, Victor, has found
out that he was once a powerful Reckoner-esque spirit
banished to the material world and forced into human
form and mortal weakness for being too ambitious.
(Never, ever, EVER get Veteran o' the Weird West in my
game. Really.) Victor also realised he's made an enemy
of a greater manitou/spirit named Marbh, the
marionette girl (don't ask unless you really, really
want to know).

Jacque, the resident Hexslinger, finally got The
Burning Man off his back by banishing him to the
spirit world. Also, in a twist of character logic, but
player naiveity, he actually signed a piece of paper
that said he'd just sold his soul. That's right, boys
and girls, our good friend Jacque sold his soul. for
$20 in poker chips, no less! He's found out that he
has to actually research how to buy his soul back from
the infernal powers that have it. Victor tried to
explain it all by saying that if Jacque was the
Confederacy, Ulysses S. Grant has his soul, and he
needs to take a trip to the spiritual version of
Washington DC to get it back. Man, what a way to tell
a guy he has no soul!

Our lovely muckraker friend, Beth O'Neil, basically
just stood around and wrote about it all. With any
luck, the next story she writes may mean she get to be
the Atlanta Voice's Page Three columnist. It just
involves Black River, Bayou Vermillion, the Whateleys,
and a big ol' helping of the occult. :)

OK, that's about it. I've finally stabilised my
version of the Deadlands cosmology. It's less
Changeling and more Book of Worlds (from the Mage
RPG). Everything that people think exists actually
does (ie Hell, Nirvana, Heaven, Arcadia, the Astral
Plane, etc). The Hunting Grounds is just the one
that's in the collective foreground due to the way the
Reckoning happened.

My World of Weirdness(TM) crossover rules are coming
along quite well, and I've added elements from
Infernalists: Path of Screams (from Mage: Sorceror's
Crusade). Black Magic just became a hell of a lot
nastier. I'm working on Infernal Pacts and Infernal
Investments, if anyone wants to add a bit of spice to
their black magicians. The Knights of the Golden
Circle are going to be real sickos when I'm done with
them... :)

anyway, that's about it.

Any questions, just ask.

James
Reporting from the World of Weirdness (TM).

=====
Knowledge is Power. Power Corrupts. Study Hard. Be Evil.

"Lend me your dark & nasty stuff, O my buddy Bert !"
- Paul Jacoby

"Should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be facing a finality beyond your comprehension, and you will not be counting days, or months, or years, but millenia in a place with no doors." - Joe Black, "Meet Joe Black"