RE: [DL] Timelines (was Rebel Spy in LA?)

--- "Phalen, Pat" <Pat.Phalen@infores.com> wrote:
> Why does it matter?
>
> You are the Marshal.  It is *your* world, so things
> can take place whenever
> you darn well please.  Besides, if you have players
> who know "too much"
> sticking to *your* timeline will really screw them
> up.

I'm kinda a stickler for continuity within a
predefined game setting when it comes to chronology
andtimeline events. So, I'm keeping most of the events
as they are, ie Sixth Manassas, the November
Offensives, etc. as major turning points in my game.
I've already explained things like the November
Offensives and how they work, and when the characters
(as well as the rest of the world) can expect them -
they're no called the November Offensives because
they're held in March (hey! right after Mardi Gras!).

Basically, all I'm saying is that I want the players
(and characters) to experience the timeline as
written, so I can use the material that supports it
(Epitaph entries etc) without too much hassle. A jump
in time seems a piece of cake compared to the
alternative.

James

=====
Knowledge is Power. Power Corrupts. Study Hard. Be Evil.

"Lend me your dark & nasty stuff, O my buddy Bert !"
- Paul Jacoby

"Should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be facing a finality beyond your comprehension, and you will not be counting days, or months, or years, but millenia in a place with no doors." - Joe Black, "Meet Joe Black"