Re: [DL] Senario ideal (longish)

--- Brom Clancy <spleen23@webtrolls.com> wrote:
> In the town of Genisis one Finnigan Tweed, Wannabe
> Mad sciencetist rebuilds a ...

I had a similar idea to this involving a town called
Goldberg.  Wanted to run it as an adventure, but the
posse kept finding reasons to avoid going to the town
(ok, mostly they liked fighting the Whateleys in their
town, instead of going to another).  The idea was a
scientist who invents a 'dream machine' ... originally
designed to help people learn in their sleep.
Unfortunately the scientist died in a lab explosion.
What rose from the grave changed the machine for it's
own fiendish plans.  Every night the machine places a
bit of the mad scientist in all the townsfolk while
they sleep.  As a result all the townsfolk in Goldberg
spend most of their waking hours trying unsuccessful
to build zany inventions.  As soon as sundown hits,
everyone goes to bed, and their dreams walk the
street.  I had planned to use Nightwalkers (I think
that's what they were called) from Book of the Dead.
I can see them in the Genisis scenario.  The only
downside is characters without Faith are SOL, so for
groups of these creatures I'ld allow damage at 1
Spirit die with a minus 4 (or is it -8 ... been a
while since I looked in the books) penalty for those
without Faith.

-Munch