Re: [DL]Alchemy Question

--- Grand Master Nilus of the Dark Angel Chapter
<grandmasternilus@hotmail.com> wrote:
> My question is that it doesn't say how powerful they
can be and since they are predone how would I figure
out what ingredients he would need to create them?
Thanks
Dan

A number of hands up the mad science chart equal to
his starting skill.  If I remember correctly, that
means a starting character with a 5 in alchemy can
have 5 starting formulas, and each formula can be up
to a flush (5 levels on the chart).

Ingredients for a formula are based on the hand used
to create it.  Suit equals number of ounces (clubs=1,
spades=4), whereas value of the card indicates
commonality of ingredient.  Don't quote me on this,
but I BELIEVE it goes 2-8 common, 9-Jack uncommon,
Queen through Ace rare, and Joker exotic.

For starting formulas, you essentially have to fake
it, or find some way of drawing the hand.

Marguerite of EMGB, otherwise known as Captain Sydney
Mallory