[DL] Conversion to d20

>2. No conversion rules. I don't know if this was excluded for copyright
>reasons or as a marketing ploy to sell more d20 stuff, but it does kind
of
>suck that a Marshal can't take a big baddie from the original and move
it
>into d20.

The problem is that the conversion is not that straight forward since
there is not a one-to-one correspondence between skills.  This is
further exacerbated by the fact that WIS and INT do not map neatly to
Smarts, Knowledge, Cognition, and Spirit.

That said here is a way to do it.
First this is the way *I* see things mapping:

CHA=Mien
CON=Vigor
STR=Strength
DEX=Deftness+Nimleness+Quickness
INT=Knowledge+Smarts
WIS=Cognition+Spirit

To convert a trait to D20, simply add the coordination plus the
attribute (i.e. number of dice + die type).  If you think the numbers
need to be higher (since this method only gives a 16 for 4d12), you can
add an adjustment (+2) or multiply the number of dice by 1.5 to give
higher results.

For stats with a many-to-one correspondence, either pick the "best" (or
most appropriate)and convert it, or average them out.  Personally, if
you want to make the bad guys BAD, use the highest one.

Although this is a quick and dirty method, the results are surprisingly
decent.  If you want to convert from D20 to DL, though, you are on your
own.

Patrick