[DL] Steamships!

Hey,

Quick question for all you maritime types:

Can anyone tell me what the biggest ship in the latter
third of the 19th Century was? Basically I just need
the dimensions, and who built it, etc.

I need to compare it to a ship the Collegium have
commissioned in my campaign. I billed it as the
largest and most tehnologically advanced steamship in
the world, but have yet to specify it's size to my
players. I was thinking around 400 feet, but I
suddenly realised that's enourmous. Many oil-burning
steamers of this size were around in the early 20th
Century, but what about the late 19th?

Any help?

James

=====
ICQ: 87338634
Proud to be an Honorary CSA Citizen

Coroner: "Now if you'll excuse me, I need to go and remove a javelin from some guy's chest."
Lenny Brisco: "Sometimes I wonder why you like this job."
Coroner: "Free javelins."
- Law & Order