Re: [DL] I've got an idea [PEG]

In a message dated 11/8/2001 11:46:07 AM Eastern Standard Time, TobyAkers@aol.com writes:

What about doing the dime novels in a $15 format?  I really enjoyed that
approach to an adventure, and would like to see it come back in any way
possible.

We are--sort of. They're in the Epitaph. At least the stories are, and then there are unrelated adventures.

Here's the further deal on why we don't do Dime Novels anymore.

1) The whole cost to price issue--already explained.

2) We did these so that everyone could read them. Problem is, of course, that if you want to run the adventure, you can't let your friends read them. So as advertising, they're a failure.

3) Writing fiction to an adventure is very different from writing fiction for fiction's sake. When you have to craft the characters into an adventure where any other character could replace them, it becomes less personal. We decided the development of the characters was more important for the long run as there were plenty of other adventures already.

That's about it. So the fiction continues in the Epitaph. What we do want to do, however, is start statting any unusual villains/critters that appear in the fiction so that you can recreate it if you want to (or use them in other ways).

Shane