RE: [DL] What can I do with these guys...

Just erring on the side of caution so that I don't mess up someone elses
campaign by giving anything away.

> I have a posse and I'm not sure what to do with them... they
> started the
> "Abracadabra and an Arab Cadaver" adventure, but I really want to do
> something else first, using the set up that Abracadabra gives us... I
> currently have them in Dodge City, breaking up a bank robbery they've
> heard about. I'd like to have them find out that the bank job was
> targeted to steal Union Blue gold/ghost rock and for it to be
> supernatural in some way - maybe one of Black River's Witches
> could be
> supervising?

You seem to have a pretty good idea about what you want to happen already,
to be honest, but here is a possible suggestion.

How about turning things round and have an unknown third party trying to
frame Black River for the robbery.  This fills in some blanks like - why
would Black River raid a bank so close to their centre of operations?, why
did the bank job get leaked to the PC's in the first place?, why would the
links to Black River be so obvious? (the presence of the Wichita Witch).  If
you wanted to link it to "Abracadabra and an Arab Cadaver" have the Akul be
the one thats trying to frame Black River, hiring some local yokels, he'll
maybe have some of his guys standing by to kill off the yokels if they get
caught rather than bite the bullet.

Maybe Black River have been prowling about Dillengers curiosities, after
something (possibly unconnected with the amulet).  This makes Akul skittish
and he decides to frame Black River to keep them distracted while Dillenger
moves out of Dodge by train to Red Rock where Akul can start to make his
move - and then you can start the adventure proper.  This is probably a
little subtle for Akul who seems to prefer to use his own loyal subjects,
however desperate times mean desperate meansures.

You could also have some fun in Dodge City getting the PC's hired on to
Dillenger's payroll as hinted at in Chapter One with the open auditions.

Cheers

Roy