Re: [DL] Lyin' (was New Agency Archetype)

>From: "Nick Zachariasen" <zacharin@pluto.dsu.edu>
>To: <deadlands@gamerz.net>
>Subject: Re: [DL] Lyin' (was New Agency Archetype)
>Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 12:21:06 -0600
>
> > >In the Agency book it talks about using performin': actin' for faking
> > >sympathy, and maybe Bluff for the intimidation because it would most
>likely
> > >be a bald face lie.
> > >
> > >Christopher Merrill
> > >A W.H.A.T.T. Member
> >
> > Bluff for intimidation?  Man, that should be Overawe
>
>Not if you want the mark to actually believe it instead of just shutting up
>until you're gone.

I haven't read the book, but it seems to me that Overawe vs. guts, if you
you win the overawe, your target is afraid.  Bluff is I guess pretending to
be more dangerous than you actually are.

It seems to me that if you can intimidate with Bluff, why take Overawe?
Heck, it seems more NPCs have Guts than scruitinize which makes bluff even
better.