Re: [DL] To Whom It May Concern (Texas Rangers ?)

At 01:04 AM 11/17/2001, CapnSmitty19a@aol.com wrote:
>hey chris...i actually have a question/inquiry to ask you...i have just
>started playing a texas ranger and was wondering on any tips you could give
>me...i am the type that tries to recruit more than shoot....but if need be i
>can place a bullet in the brain pan....so any thoughts? thanks i appreciate
>it greatly

         In Lone Stars (the first draft anyway), there is a lengthy section
on When & Who Rangers Might Recruit (human or partly human beings like
Harrowed, Hucksters, vampires and werewolves) and who gets a taste of the
Brain Removal Machine (Abominations and Black Magicians).
         Ultimately, it just comes down to a Ranger relying on his common
sense and gut instincts (i.e., scrutinize Aptitude). When in doubt, they
shoot. ("Sorry Count Chocula--too many blood-dry corpses 'round these parts
with delicious chocolate-y cereal around 'em for me to believe you've
really gone straight--BLAMBLAMBLAMBLAM!)
         Hope that helps. If not, let me know and I'll take another stab at
your question.

Deo Vindice,
Mr. Christopher L. McGlothlin, M.Ed.

Freelance Writer for the Deadlands: The Weird West RPG Line
Southern by the Grace of God