Re: [DL] Chargen [THOMAS CLEGG]

> I'm refering to the one at:
>
> http://www.thebrogue.com/dlcgp
>
> When trying to install I get a message about not having newer setup files.
> Since I'm running WinME, I figure I've probably got pretty recent files
and
> fear re-writing them with possibly older files. Is this not the case?

To be perfectly honest, I'm not the one who does the programming- I'm just
the BRRAAAAAINNNSSS of the outfit, so to speak, not the muscle.  We've
pinned down that we don't need certain DLLs in the install.  A workaround
for installing it is to manually decompress the contents of the CAB files
instead of having setup do it.  Place the contents in the same directory and
then just double-click DLCG.exe to run the program.  That SHOULD work.  As
for what the error message means (it'd help to know exactly what it says),
that's why I've flagged this for Thomas Clegg's attention.  He's our main
programmer.  Thanks for the report!

Nick Zachariasen
Editor Emeritus
Trojan Times